This month was spent creating a new environment. We chose an African theme, based on the savanna.
The idea behind this scene was to create an entire city sheltered under an enormous structure. I started from a basic 3D model to build my image and my first step was shaping the inside of the structure. It is made up by the city itself, so I used photos of several different cities as inspiration.
This week, while some of the team started concepting the large environment this scene will be a part of, I wanted to setup a fast prop and texture creation pipeline that involves as little creation of high poly assets and baking as possible.